Reformulation in Beta 4.3 of our classic Tundra Artica shaving soap (originally born in the beta 4.1 formulation).
The name derives from the geographical area called Arctic Tundra, where the vegetable additives used in this soap find their natural habitat:
- the Icelandic lichen (soothing, purifying, antibacterial, calming)
- the cranberry (suitable for sensitive skin, soothing and toning, gives freshness and vitality).
Fragrance: to recall the environment of the Arctic Tundra, we relied on the Agar Wood fragrance but harmonized to convey a feeling of open, fresh spaces and with a markedly woody perception of shrubs.
The logo on the soap is “hammered” as it was used to do at the beginning of the last century, before the advent of printing machines.
The primary packaging is represented by our classic aluminum packaging, to better preserve and make the shaving soap easily usable.
We can proudly define the product as 100% MADE IN ITALY, in its entirety.
Ingredients: Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Rapeseedate, Sodium Sunflower Seedate, Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetraria Islandica Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Fraxinus Ornus (Manna Ash) Sap Extract, Erythritol, Coco Glucoside Ollyc , Ricinus Communis Oil, Galactoarabinan, Sucrose Cocoate, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Parfum / Fragrance, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Copernica Cerifera Cera, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Rice) Starch, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool
With the utmost transparency, we explain the functionality of each individual ingredient but, to protect the formulation, the percentages are not declared.
- Sodium Cocoate: sodium salt from coconut oil
- Potassium Stearate: potassium salt from stearic acid
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: sodium salt from coconut fatty acids (mild cleanser, gives softness to the skin)
- Sodium Rapeseedate: sodium salt from rapeseed
- Sodium Sunflower Seedate: sodium salt from sunflower oil
- Aqua / Water / Eau: water / humidity
- Cetraria Islandica Extract: Island Lichen Extract (soothing, purifying, antibacterial, emollient)
- Fraxinus Ornus (Manna Ash) Sap Extract: Manna (highly softening and emollient)
- Parfum / Fragrance: perfume
- Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract: Cranberry Extract (suitable for sensitive skin, with a soothing action, gives the skin tone, freshness and vitality)
- Sucrose Cocoate: blend of saccharose esters and ester fatty acids from coconut oil (gives the skin a soft and smooth effect)
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter: shea butter (emollient, moisturizing, regenerating the skin barrier)
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil: sweet almond oil (moisturizing, firming)
- Oryza Sativa Starch: rice starch (softening, soothing)
- Xanthan Gum: xanthan gum (thickener, lubricant)
- Glycerin: glycerin (lubricant, moisturizer, emollient)
- Stearic Acid: stearic acid (gives the skin a creamy touch)
- Sodium Chloride: salt (used during saponification)
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Vitamin E (antioxidant, leaves skin smooth soft)
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil: grape seed oil (protects the skin from aging, firming, stimulating the capillary microcirculation)
- Citric Acid: citric acid (chelating)
- Citronellol: allergen (present in the fragrance)
Our formulations contain active ingredients that, in order to give the best perfomance, need to solubilize and/or melt. The maximum performance can be obtained in this way:
- cover the soap surface with a thin veil of hot water for few minutes. The quantity of water needed may vary depending on your water hardness and the rate of humidity of the soap, a correct quantity is when the whole soap surface is covered by water,
- soak a badger shaving brush (being it the best perfomer when it comes to water absorbing),
- rinse it well and then pour the thin veil of water that bloomed the soap on the knot, and then start loading (20-30 seconds),
- face/bowl lather without adding water.
Not tested on animals